The scans are long and full of numbers and acronoyms.. here's what it breaks down as, in ways we can use and understand:
Most of the scans compare the perecentage difference between right/left brain waves.. the scans show the average range difference, then show Jordan’s difference in percentage and what that translates to for him
Most exciting and special is, The % change between Alpha EO to EC - average is 50%- Jordan's waves are 132% to the right, which translates as Highly creative - they have dubbed this "the artists Signature" Talking with the doctors, they have told me, that once his spinning thoughts, stress tolerance etc is manageable for him, he'll have the ability to access that! He'll be able to be slow enough to fully Create! To fully recognize and use his amazing given abilities! We're very excited!
1. Eo to ec alpha - avg – 30% jordan is 8.7 - this translates to poor retention of information and short term memory
2. Theta amplitude – average is 12-13% - jordan is 20.09 – this translates to hard to focus
3. UT theta/Beta – average – 2.2 – jordan 2.94 – again poor retention/comprehension
4. Alpha peak frequencies – under 9.5 – mental sluggishness (jordan is 9.4 & 8.6 on either side)
5. Theta/SMR – if over 3 (jordan is 3.04 not far from average but we’re starting at 3, so it still significant) inability to sit still, to calm the body, sleep disturbances
6. Theat /Beta EO – average is between 1.8-2.2 – jordan is 1.22 (significantly lower than average) – shows poor stress tolerance, racing thoughts, anxiety, inefficient self-“quieting”
7. Theta/Beta (EC) average is under 2.2 – one side is 2.28 (close) other side is 2.56 (significant difference) – deficiencies in retrivival of information, impulse control, emotional volatility
8. Theta/Alpha (EC) average 1.2-1.6 – one side 1.74 / other side 1.69 – problems with organization, sequencing, sustained focus, task completion, staying on task, talkativeness
9. F4/F3 Alpha- should have an average difference of 15% - jordan’s is 27.9 difference – translates to oppositonal, defiant and socially aggressive or socially indifferent behaviour, associated with emotional disregulation
10. F4/ F3 Theta – average difference is 15% Jordan is 24.15% - emotional volatility or restricted emotional range
11. Delta EC – average under 9.- jordan is 11.19 cognitive deficits such as problems with concentration, forgetfulness, comprehension
12. HiBeta/Beta – average is a difference between .45-.55 – Jordan is .69 – it says above .55 – stubbornness/ Obsessive compulsive tendencies OR Obsessive compulsive disorder, preservation in ASD
I’m not sure which part translates, but they also told me that it seems that in Jordan’s brain, when someone/self asks his brain to focus/concentrate – it goes immediately to daydream.. like the wires are crossed between daydream/create & concentrate..
“jordan get to it.. clean your room “ suddenly becomes “ la la la.. Mario…lego… creations…”
We've begun Neurofeedback, this shows his brain how to focus, shows his brain how efficent it can be when it is able to focus. The brain wants to be running optimumlly, so the more it's shown the more it strives to get there on it's own. We have 2 sessions, and I have had 2 instances that I know for sure, he would have had a much harder time (meltdown) in the past. We will complete 15-20 sessions, and see how happy his brain can be.